"I was born on 16 June 1971, and grew up in a village called Green Farm in Malamulele in what is now known as Collins Chabane Local Municipality in Vhembe District in Limpopo. The area was politically charged because of people such as the late ANC leader Collins Chabane and others. We were taught politics at a young age and smuggled political documents. We learnt from these documents and taught other people. As a young leader in the church and a captain of the soccer team, I led efforts to teach others about politics."
About Dr BF Chauke
Dr Bejani Chauke is a seasoned political activist, advisor and businessman in South Africa and on the African continent. With a long history of activism in the African National Congress (ANC) during the struggle against apartheid, and later joining the world of government and politics, Dr BF Chauke has always maintained a fine balance between his personal and professional life. Whilst he keeps a relatively low public profile, the work he does within the ANC (outreach and fundraising in particular) and in government as well as internationally - keeps him in touch with all kinds of people.
Dr BF Chauke’s Bio
Over the years Dr BF Chauke has acquired various qualifications, including:Postgraduate Studies:
- Doctorate in Education Technikon Pretoria (now Tshwane University of Technology) - 2006
- Masters in Psychology of Education University of the North - 2002
- Bachelor in Education (Honours) University of the North - 1998
- Currently pursuing Masters in Corporate Strategy GIBS Business School - current
- Higher Diploma in Education University of the North - 1997
- Bachelor of Arts University of the North - 1996
- Certificate in Business Psychology & Human Behaviour Unisa - 2015
- Political & Policy Advisor’s Course University of Sydney / Australian Labour Intl. (ANC funded) - 2014
- Certificate in Strategic Planning, Strategic Management Unisa - 2009
Some of the prominent roles Dr BF Chauke has played in his career and political life include the following:
- Political advisor to President Cyril Matamela Ramaphosa (current)
- Campaign manager for President Ramaphosa’s CR17 campaign
- Political advisor to Minister Thandi Modise in her roles as Premier of the North West and Chairperson of the National Council of Provinces. (Minister Modise is a former ANC Deputy Secretary General and Speaker of Parliament in the National Assembly)
- Chief of Staff and political advisor to former North West Premier Maureen Modiselle
- Manager of Strategic Management and Business Management for the North West Provincial Legislature
- Economic advisor to Hosi Madonsi of Malamulele Village in Collins Chabane Municipality
In 2019 Dr BF Chauke formalised the work he has been doing for years in assisting orphans and the elderly by establishing the Dr BF Chauke Foundation.
“As an orphan I grew up knowing that I should share with those who have less than me,” he explains. “I have been involved in charity work all my life, assisting poor households, child headed families and indigent people.
The work of the foundation actually started in my village, then we moved on to neighbouring villages. Since 2022 having attracted a number of funders, we are now working with the whole Collins Chabane Local Municipality.”
Dr BF Chauke is a sterling product of this beautiful country South Africa. From his tragic and humble beginnings, he has grown into a trusted ANC leader, respected professional, astute businessman, community advocate and prolific philanthropist.